theTICKER
Traverse City News and Events
Thursday, April 24, 2014

Arielle Berlin Departs from 7&4 Anchor Post

Back To Article
Displaying comments 1 to 25 of 53.
Tricia on April 21, 2014 2:55pm

I cant believe our City is so narrow minded, condensending and judgemental. Really?! Ur condemming a professional woman for baring "arm flesh"?! Have u not seen Kathie Lee and Hoda? How about Alex Wagner on MSNBC who is VERY professional, has extreme talent and get this..... oh yes-bare arms! Shame on all of u, its not like Arielle was dressed as a hooker. No wonder this town has the snobby reputation that it has, because of u people who look down their noses at others! I wonder what ur like and life is on a daily basis and therefore wonder if u have ANY right to judge and critisize?

Jimmie on August 1, 2013 6:50pm

Living in Northern Michigan most of my life, I've come to expect some of asinine, idiotic and downright rude comments I have been reading. Keep up the good work, losers; I expect nothing less.

LC on July 24, 2013 11:29pm

OMG people! Bare arms....GASP! What... are we living in Iran.

Dee Kamp on June 26, 2013 6:13pm

We actually stopped watching 7&4 when she was on and switched to 9&10 (CBS). She was overly made up, wore inappropriate clothes and had zero chemistry with the other staff.

Nicole on June 18, 2013 11:25pm

Yuck, arielle was not pleasant to watch. glad she decided to go back downstate. as for Kate Fox NO! I will give up completely watching 7&4. She is so fake and stuffy to watch. she needs to be off the television. she needs to stop acting like a 40yr old woman. it's. not appealing!

Angie on June 4, 2013 11:42pm

If Mark S. and Joe C. leave, I'll leave too. These guys are great! Hopefully they won't join the same fate as several others. I think Kate is a great replacement....another vote here for her.

thresa on June 1, 2013 12:12pm

what is the real reason she left?

thresa on June 1, 2013 11:49am

Why do women feel they have to bare breast to the world. I change the channel, in public I look away. Would she do a topless news broadcast? She's was the first northern Mi. anchor I've seen dressed like that, but it's gaining popularity, I have since seen other female anchors being copycats. Yuk.

alice on May 29, 2013 9:55pm

Arielle Berlin was the most professional newscaster yet on 7/4 news. She was totally professional in her presentation of the news and in her dress. She brought real class to our "Upnorth" area. We loved watching her and always tuned in to see her. Thank you Arielle and best wishes with your future endeavors. We miss you.

Lou on May 25, 2013 12:37am

Kate Fox deserves a shot at the anchor position......she is very professional and pleasant to hear....Arielle lacked warmth and connectivity in her presentation......very robotic.

Arthella Dickerson on May 24, 2013 8:28am

I liked Ariella okay but to me Kate Fox would have been the better replacement. She's very good ,pleasant to watch and HEAR, Erica's voice is too piercing. Why not Kate Fox???????

Rob Matheson on May 22, 2013 5:56pm

Aboslutly love Erica on the news. She is funny, relaxed, professional and has a good repore with Marc. To management, make sure she is happy or she will be hired away. Like her new glasses too.

Laura Shirilla on May 20, 2013 11:25pm

I like casual & friendly, but at times Erica is a bit silly & raucous between stories. With more experience & mentoring, she'll be ready for the anchor position. Right now, however, I don't understand why Kate Fox was passed over. She has a a very professional delivery & appearance & seems to be the perfect candidate now for the evening news broadcasts. Was she given an opportunity to vie for the position? If not, why not?

chris on May 20, 2013 5:07pm

Keep Erica Ericson. Good chemistry with Marc and Mark!

Samuel Stefanides on May 17, 2013 5:05pm

Glad she's gone. Now I'll start watching 7&4 News again.

Doug on May 14, 2013 6:21pm

Glad you are getting closer to your family but sorry to have you leave, very professional and great personality. Best wishes to you.

RJ Stinson on May 13, 2013 5:54pm

Arielle was awesome. She was the only reason I watched 7@4 news. Bummer she is gone. Best wishes in your new job. Our loss in northern Mi.

Frank on May 11, 2013 8:20pm

Kate Fox should be the 7/4 anchor...it's a no brainer.

diana on May 3, 2013 11:08pm

GOOD LUCK ARIEL

Sue on May 2, 2013 5:14pm

Can I go off topic? Does anyone have a problem with the Station starting their weather segment two minutes before 5 o'clock? When I turn on the news the weather segment is almost over?

Marilyn Cobb on May 1, 2013 6:06pm

Finally I found out what happened to Arielle. I emailed 2 anchors and neither one replied so I guess there isn't an official story about her departure. I agree about the musical chairs. It has been hard to keep track since Diane Fairbanks left.

Libby Manian on May 1, 2013 3:31pm

Too bad that management wasn't able to see the value in Arielle Berlin. Always a professional in her broadcasts, we looked forward to her news reporting.
We heard the station is being sold. It that the reason she is no longer there? Disappointing.

Our best wishes to Arielle Berlin.

Paul Carlsen on April 30, 2013 11:25pm

It started with Diana Fairbanks and it has been musical chairs with staff.

Zigs on April 30, 2013 11:17pm

Stopped watching NBC when the ladies of the morning wore such huge and flashy jewelry, it made my eyes hurt. The show looked like it was being broadcast from Las Vegas. Do like Marc on the evening news, but not a regular viewer. Agree with so many that the women news readers need to dress more professionally, except for Kate, who always has. LOL, the evening weatherman makes me think of a senior Malibu Ken.

Josia on April 30, 2013 5:46pm

I liked Arielle and thought she was very professional. My problem are the others. I think the whole station needs to be replaced for lack of professionalism, mumbling, car salesmanship attitude, making awkward weird jokes in between news stories? I think they need to go back to broadcasting school or just get rid of the whole station

Displaying comments 1 to 25 of 53.
< Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >