Want to hear the real story on the Boardman River dam removals, the ins and outs of inland lake fish shelters, what's up with Grand Traverse Bay's sinking water levels, and what lies in the waters of the Thunder Bay National Marine Sanctuary? Then you need to attend the Freshwater Summit on Friday, Oct. 26 from 9 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. at the Hagerty Center, 715 E. Front St. in Traverse City. You'll hear from:
• Dave Ulrich of the Great Lakes and St. Lawrence Cities Initiative: Change the Great Lakes for the Better
• Ralph Bednarz of the Michigan DEQ: Lakes Assessment Survey
• Guy Meadows, Ph.D. of the Great Lakes Research Center: Secrets Beneath Lake Huron
• Dr. Dave Hyndman of MSU: Grand Traverse Bay Watershed Climate Change
• Matt Herbert of The Nature Conservancy and Randy Claramunt of the MDNR: Restoring Critical Fish Spawning Reefs
Note: Today is the last day to register ($30 includes all sessions and lunch). You can do so online or by calling Denise Baker at 231-935-1514.