Employee Fatally Overdoses At Denny's
By Beth Milligan | Feb. 9, 2018
An employee at Denny's died of an apparent drug overdose at the restaurant Wednesday night, according to authorities.
Grand Traverse Sheriff's Office deputies responded to the Munson Avenue business in East Bay Township just before 11:30pm. Management discovered 36-year-old Jerald Joseph Friedgen unresponsive in a restaurant bathroom and called 911. Deputies administered Naloxone - an overdose reversal drug - and CPR aide to Friedgen, but could not revive him.
Friedgen was originally from Tawas City but had recently been residing in Traverse City. The investigation into his death is still ongoing.