Community Foundation Grants Another $286k; Passes $3.1 Million For 2019
Dec. 8, 2019
The Grand Traverse Regional Community Foundation’s Board of Directors has approved $286,169 in grant awards as part of its fall grant cycle, bringing its annual total to more than $3.1 million in grants and scholarships.
Within the recent fall grant approvals, more than 50 grantees received funding.
The grant awards benefit local organizations in each of the five counties for programs and projects focused on arts and culture, education, environment, health and human services, and youth. In determining grant awards numerous factors are considered, including community need and how each request aligns with the designated purposes of the variety of endowments the Community Foundation stewards.
Among the grant highlights:
· Traverse Health Clinic, receiving $15,400 to support increased access to mental health services
· Michael’s Place, receiving $13,300
· Friendship Community Center/LIFT Teen Center in Suttons Bay, receiving $7,820 for a program matching their after school students with employment experiences
· Arts for All, receiving $8,000
· Child and Family Services, receiving $27,750 for YouthWork
The Community Foundation for Antrim, Benzie, Grand Traverse, Kalkaska and Leelanau Counties was established in 1992 to create endowments that serve community need.