Leelanau Foundation Announces Grants To Northport, Others
Aug. 1, 2017
The Leelanau Township Community Foundation has granted $67,125 to local community groups:
• $51,000 to the Village of Northport to help fund the conduit to install streetlights on Nagonaba St. in the Village of Northport.
• $4,000 to the Village of Northport on behalf of the Environmental Action Friends to fund the creation of a rain garden at the corner of Nagonaba and High Street in Northport.
• $2,275 to Northport Energy for public educational materials.
• $6,500 to the Northport Arts Association on behalf of the Public Art Committee to help fund the implementation and installation of a mural called “BAY PRESENTS” on the Northport Marina north parking lot wall.
• $1,850 to Leelanau Christian Neighbors (LCN) to provide baby care and safety items to the LCN’s baby pantry.
• The LTCF Youth Advisory Council also awarded $1,500 to the Northport Public School for camperships for students to attend Shady Trails Camp
These grants are in addition to more than $40,900 in grants made earlier this year. In nearly 71 years of operation, the Leelanau Township Community Foundation has granted more than $3.5 million dollars in support of community projects in Leelanau Township.
Pictured: Artist Julie Glidden in front of the driftwood sign she created for the Leelanau Township Community Foundation.