NMCAA Offers Free Tax Preparation
Feb. 22, 2018
Northwest Michigan Community Action Agency is offering free tax preparation services to low-to-moderate income families and individuals, seniors, persons with disabilities, and those with limited-English proficiency. This is the 16th year the agency has offered the program, which is staffed by IRS-trained volunteers who prepare taxes electronically. In addition to free preparation, it is also completely free to file both state and federal taxes through the agency.
Many clients are may qualify for credits such as the Earned Income Credit for low-income wage earners, or the property tax credit, even if they rent. People that are on Social Security may qualify for credits even if they do not have earned income.
You can schedule an appointment at any of these locations:
- The NMCAA office, 3963 Three Mile Road, Traverse City, 947-3780
- Michigan Works! Office, 1209 S. Garfield Road, 947-3780
- Leland Library, 203 E. Cedar Street, 256-9152. Thursday drop off or call to schedule
- Suttons Bay Library, 416 Front Street, 271-3512. Mondays
- Benzie Senior Resources, 10542 Main Street, Honor, 525-0600. Tuesdays and Fridays
- March 15 only at Brickways, 935 Barlow Street, Traverse City, 11am–3pm
Those interested in this service may contact the main office at 947-3780 or the desired location above.